Head of Capture
We’re looking a super talented person to manage the end to end observation and capture of our projects.
weseethrough is a technology-driven market research company. We use wearable technology to capture a first-person view of people’s lives and a video curation platform to sift through huge amounts of video footage. By providing an unfiltered and unaffected observation of consumers, we are able to uncover truly powerful insights and answers without relying heavily on interview responses. We’re less than two years old, we’ve already won ~£400k of work from big-name clients like Unilever and we won the 2015 MRS award for innovation in research methodology. Business is booming.
Looking for a career in an exciting start-up? weseethrough, based in the market research sector, is using innovative technology to bring a new level of market understanding to top global brands using video.
Instead of surveys, interviews and clipboards, weseethrough kit out paid respondents with fixed cameras or wearables (eg Go Pros) to record a first-person view of their lives. Respondents talk naturally and show us what they are doing; cooking, eating, washing etc
Once the footage is captured our team creates a video library of consumer behaviour, product use, brand impressions and more – all tagged and easily browsable using our bespoke video hub. Video evidence is aggregated and turned into insight, written up and presented back to the brands involved. We find unknown pain points, behavioral patterns and marketing opportunities that drive million-dollar decisions.
We’re looking a super talented person to manage the end to end observation and capture of our projects. Typically this will involve:
- Engagement with sales team to understand the goals, research objectives, kick-off and delivery dates for a project (typically 1-3 month project cycle)
- Organise a plan and budget with the CEO to achieve the objectives
- Either arrange to kit to be posted out and shipped back OR
- Fly to research destination with equipment, kit out respondents (usually at their homes) and take time to understand the culture. Destinations have included Sao Paulo, U.S, Durban, Manila and Mexico City.
- Ensure the video footage is captured and uploaded to our using our video hub.
Super organized, aiming to be a great project manager
Passionate about kit, inventory, shipping, logistics and getting it right.
Confident with technology:
- Able to learn the ins and outs of new cameras and other equipment (quality settings, merits and limitations relative to other hardware, troubleshooting errors, using the companion apps for iPhone/Android)
- Good spreadsheet skills (writing basic formulas, using pivot tables)
- Able to work independently, using Google and lateral thinking to learn new skills and troubleshoot problems with equipment or services online
- Familiarity with video formats and editing a plus
Keen to travel ideally (although we do use installers as well so you could be managing them). Happy working with respondents; emails, calls, instructions. Creating docs for them.
Good communication – although you do not have to be a “people person”, the role is more about your technical and organisational competence.
Fluent in one or more foreign languages would an advantage
What’s in it for you?
Good salary, share options, a chance to work with some of the best start-ups and brands globally. As Head of Capture you would own your area of the business working in to the CEO creating a great career opportunity for yourself.
Based in Charing Cross, London. Email email@example.com to get in touch